Are you a ChatGPT user who wants easy access to the AI assistant on your iPhone? Wondering how to add it to your home screen? Fortunately, it’s a straightforward process that only takes a few simple steps. If you haven’t signed up for ChatGPT yet, no worries! Our helpful guide has got you covered. Once you’re set up, follow our instructions to add ChatGPT to your iPhone home screen.
Install ChatGPT on iPhone and iPad Home Screens
- Open Safari on your iPhone. This is the default web browser that comes with your iPhone, so you should be able to find it easily on your home screen.
- Go to the ChatGPT website by typing “chat.openai.com” into the URL bar at the top of the Safari window. Hit enter to load the website.
- Tap the “Share” icon. Once the website has loaded, you’ll see a small square icon with an arrow pointing upward located at the bottom of the Safari window.
- Select “Add to Home Screen”. In the list of options that appears after tapping the “Share” icon, you’ll see an option labeled “Add to Home Screen.” Tap this option to continue.
- Customize the icon and name. On the next screen, you’ll have the option to customize the icon and name of the ChatGPT shortcut that will appear on your home screen. You can choose to keep the default name and icon, or you can select a different name and choose from a variety of different icons. Once you’ve made your selections, tap “Add” to create the shortcut.
That’s it! You should now see a new icon on your iPhone home screen that will take you directly to the ChatGPT website with just one tap. This makes it super easy to get quick answers to your questions or just chat with ChatGPT whenever you need to. Check out our extensive list of ChatGPT prompts to use to enhance your chatting experience with AI.